- 1 What do I do with left over turkey Jamie Oliver?
- 2 How many calories are in a Jamie Oliver chicken pie?
- 3 How do you make Jamie Oliver puff pastry?
- 4 What herbs go with chicken?
- 5 Which pastry is best for pies?
- 6 What can I do with left over Christmas dinner?
- 7 Can I freeze cooked turkey slices?
- 8 How long will cooked turkey last in a fridge?
- 9 How do you make Joe’s chicken Wicks pie?
- 10 Why is shortcrust pastry used?
- 11 What is the best butter to use for pastry?
- 12 What is the best fat for making pastry?
- 13 How does Gordon Ramsay make puff pastry?
What do I do with left over turkey Jamie Oliver?
7 ways with leftover turkey
- Oozy & comforting Turkey risotto.
- The ultimate Toad in the hole.
- Wonderful warm Turkey salad.
- Old-school Turkey stew.
- Leftover turkey banh mi.
- Sloppy Joes – Christmas Stylee.
- Family-friendly festive turkey pie.
How many calories are in a Jamie Oliver chicken pie?
Calories in Jamie Oliver- Chicken Pie
|Total Carbohydrate||21.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.4 g|
How do you make Jamie Oliver puff pastry?
How to make perfect puff pastry
- Mix the flour with ¼ of a teaspoon of sea salt in a bowl, then cube and rub in the lard with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add 100ml of ice-cold water and mix it until you have a smooth dough (add extra water if needs be) – do not overwork.
What herbs go with chicken?
Fortunately, there are a number that go well with chicken, including the following.
- Cilantro. Sometimes known as coriander or Chinese parsley, this herb is a favorite in Mexican dishes.
Which pastry is best for pies?
Puff pastry is best for pastries, sausage rolls, sweet or savoury pies, turnovers and palmiers. It is usually made with canola or a vegetable oil. Butter puff pastry is puff pastry made with butter instead of the vegetable oil and no sugar.
What can I do with left over Christmas dinner?
Best Christmas leftover recipes
- Posh bubble and squeak (with chestnuts)
- Mix and match mac ‘n’ cheese bar.
- Turkey ramen.
- Epic Christmas toastie.
- Refried smashed roasties with green harissa and yogurt.
- Bread sauce and stuffing croquettes.
- Leftover turkey toastie.
- Ham, spinach and mozzarella lasagne.
Can I freeze cooked turkey slices?
Cooked turkey will last 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator, but freezing is always a great option if you’ve loads of leftovers. Turkey that is sealed airtight in cling film or a freezer bag can be frozen for up to four months. Freezing turkey with gravy will help it retain moisture.
How long will cooked turkey last in a fridge?
How long does cooked turkey last in the fridge? If you have leftovers that include cooked turkey, you can expect those to last in the refrigerator for 3–4 days.
How do you make Joe’s chicken Wicks pie?
- 2 large knobs of butter.
- 1 large leek, washed and chopped into 2cm pieces.
- 200g mushrooms, roughly chopped.
- 4 x 250g chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 250ml chicken stock.
- 1 tbsp cornflour.
- 100ml double cream.
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves.
Why is shortcrust pastry used?
Shortcrust pastry is a type of pastry often used for the base of a tart, quiche or pie. Shortcrust pastry can be used to make both sweet and savory pies such as apple pie, quiche, lemon meringue or chicken pie. Shortcrust pastry recipes usually call for twice as much flour as fat by weight.
What is the best butter to use for pastry?
Many chefs prefer unsalted butter, as it has a fresher, purer flavour, but salted butter can be used in all recipes. You will need to adjust the amount of salt added to the pastry according to the type of butter used. Margarine: This will produce a short pastry.
What is the best fat for making pastry?
The best fat for pastry – making Unless you don’t eat dairy, we recommend butter for flavour and texture. You can also try a 50/50 split between butter and lard, which works well for savoury recipes like quiches. Make sure your butter is really cold when you rub it in to the flour.
How does Gordon Ramsay make puff pastry?
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the bowl and pour in about two-thirds of the cold water, mixing until you have a firm rough dough adding extra water if needed.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board, knead gently and form into a smooth rectangle.